Parents and Guardians,
Welcome to the 2016-2017 school year! I look forward to working with you and your child throughout the year. I will be sending home more information on the first day of school but I just wanted to give a very brief introduction of myself as well as some key information and an overview of the content we will be covering this year.
My name is Dulce Bejarano and I have lived in Arizona my whole life. I graduated from Arizona State University and this is my fifth year working at Cheatham Elementary. I love working in this community and have enjoyed being present for all the positive changes we have gone through over the past few years.
Here are a few key things that I feel are most important to note:
- I send out progress reports with students approximately every 2 weeks. If for some reason you are not receiving these or you would like an update between these reports, please do not hesitate to contact me!
- Attendance is vital to your child’s education. In general, it is important for your son/daughter to be at school every day but I feel like this is especially important for math. Miss a day – miss a lot! It is very easy to fall behind when students are not in the classroom for instruction.
- If your child does happen to be absent for any amount of time, it is imperative for them to understand they are responsible for getting the missing work. We will have an established routine and procedure in the classroom that students will become familiar with.
- Encourage your child to TRY! I have worked with students long enough to know math is sometimes not at the top of the list of a child’s favorite subject. It’s also possible as a parent you might feel the same. In any assignment, all that I ask is for students to practice and make an effort on each and every problem. I can work with errors and mistakes but there is very little insight to be gained from a paper with nothing on it.
• Contact: Please keep the lines of communication open when you have any questions or concerns. Emailing me (email@example.com) is your best bet to get a quick response before, during, or after school hours.
You may also reach me on the phone (602-237-7040 ext 3475) but please be aware that during school hours your call is directed straight to voicemail so I may not receive your message or be able to respond as quickly.
Unit 1: Ratios and Proportional Relationships
- Ratios and Proportional Reasoning
Unit 2: The Number System
- Rational Numbers
Unit 3: Expressions and Equations
- Equations and Inequalities
Unit 4: Geometry
- Geometric Figures
- Measure Figures
Unit 5: Statistics and Probability