Welcome 5th Grade students and families! I am very excited to be your ELA and Social Studies teacher this year! This will be my second year teaching at Cash and my fifth year of teaching. Fifth grade is a very exciting and challenging year…it’s your last year as an elementary student! This year we will be focusing on not only reading, but thinking about and understanding what we read on a deeper level. In Social Studies, we will cover a range of exciting topics: from the Explorers to Westward Expansion! You are going to learn and grow so much! In this classroom, we not only help eachother, but we learn from eachother. Collaboration is an integral part of the way out room works! It is going to be an exciting year!
This is our class webpage! Check back here often for classroom updates and projects! I also use ClassDojo to communicate often, so please make sure that you have an account and your student has been added (you will recieve a code at the beginning of the year).
Upcoming Important Dates:
- 8/3/2017- Meet the Teacher Night 5-7pm (My classroom is D101)
- 8/7/2017- First Day of School (Morning bell rings at 7:20)
- 8/23/2017- Professional Development Day for Teachers, No School for students
- Week of 8/28- Galileo Pretests
- 8/31/2017- Curriculum Night 5:30-7:30pm