July 26, 2018
It is that time of year again! Can you believe school starts in less than two weeks? Are you bored at home and relieved to return? Or are you gnashing your teeth at the thought? Regardless, bright and early Monday morning, August 6th at 7:30 school starts. It is official – you will be a fifth grader! You will come straight to our classroom upstairs, room 32.
In case a little shopping helps ease the stress, Below is a copy of our suggested school supply list. It will also be available at Meet The Teacher. Don’t go overboard, but do stock up on lots of pencils and loose leaf paper. You know you always run out throughout the school year, and it never seems to be on sale then!
Meet the Teacher will be Thursday, August 2nd from 5 to 7 PM. I hope to see your smiling faces there! This year, although you may be in my homeroom, you will have two teachers, so make sure you save time at Meet The Teacher to meet your ELA and Science teacher, Ms. Zuckerman.
I start back a week before you, on Monday, July 30th If you have any questions that can’t wait until Meet the Teacher, send me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I am looking forward to having a great year with you!
2018-19 Dowling & Zuckerman 5th Grade
Trailside Point School
Below is a suggested list of 5th-grade supplies that will be helpful in our classroom.
- One 2” (or 3”) three ring binder AND 1 pkg. of dividers
- Two-pocket folders with three holes for binder
- 1 soft pencil pouch (with holes for binder)- boxes
- Loose leaf lined paper
- Dry-erase markers
- Several packages of pencils
- Pink block erasers and/or pencil top erasers
- Crayons and/or Markers or Colored Pencils
- Handheld Pencil Sharpener – highly recommended!
Please send the following, if you can. We will share these items in our classrooms.
- Boxes of tissues
- Bottles of hand sanitizer/disinfectant wipes
- Plastic zippered baggies – any/all sizes
- Package of new socks to use as whiteboard erasers! J
The following items are “Nice To Have” for your students –not essential:
- Lunch Bag (if bringing own lunch)
- 1 pair of kids Scissors
- 12-inch Ruler
- Glue Sticks
- 1 Protractor (KEEP AT HOME)
- Dictionary and/or Thesaurus (KEEP AT HOME)
- Math Flash Cards – multiplication and division (KEEP AT HOME)
The following is a wish list for the classroom. Any donated items will be greatly appreciated.
- Loose leaf lined paper – always needed!!!
- Dry Erase Markers – always needed!!!
- Snacks/mints for the class (we have a late lunch this year!)
- Packages of index cards
- Packages of construction paper
- Colored copy paper
- Computer printer paper (white 8.5 x 11)
- Art supplies, markers, crayons, pencils
- Packages of plates, cups, napkins, and/or utensils
- Post-it Notes